A Wise Shopper’s Guide To Choosing a Hearing Professional
Click here to download the guide as a .pdf
In the hearing care profession, there are many choices available to those seeking greater clarity in hearing. How do you determine which option is best for you? The professional staff at Audicare Hearing Centers has compiled a questionnaire that we believe addresses the concerns of a conscientious consumer, while demonstrating the essential characteristics of a high quality, AudigyCertified™ hearing care professional.
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE PRACTICE?
- Ask if they are locally owned & operated (not managed).
- How long have they been in business?
- How many days per week are the professionals available for follow-up services?
- Do they have a permanent office?
- Do they have a website?
Audicare Hearing Centers was established in 1980 and is locally owned and operated in four locations. We are the only AudigyCertified™ practice in northern Michigan. There are four service providers with over 100 years of combined clinical experience. All offices are available three to five days a week; other appointments can be scheduled as needed.
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THEIR SERVICE?
- How long is the warranty?
- Do I have to pay for my follow up office visits?
- Do I have to pay for my batteries and supplies?
- What happens if I lose my hearing aid?
- Do you have loaner hearing aids available?
- Can you bill my insurance?
- Are any other rehabilitation services offered?
- What if I still have problems hearing?
- How easy is it to obtain an appointment?
Audicare Hearing Centers built our reputation on excellent service. We stand behind everything we do. Most instruments come with a three year warranty and can be extended to as many as five years. All of your follow up services, batteries, and supplies are included for the duration of your warranty. All hearing aids include Loss & Damage insurance and loaners are available should you require them. Audicare Hearing Centers participates with most major insurance programs. We also offer a variety of assistive devices to improve the function of your hearing aids and listening programs designed to enhance your communication skills. Your appointment is just a phone call away: 1-800-977-4327 (HEAR).
HOW DO YOU GUARANTEE MY SATISFACTION?
- How long is your trial period?
- What will it cost to try hearing aids/listen to your hearing aids?
- Do you have a trade in program?
- What if I don’t like my hearing aids?
- How do I know if this is the best fitting for me?
Audicare Hearing Centers offers a 75 day trial period. There is no cost to simply listen to the potential benefit of better hearing. Because hearing technology advances so rapidly, Audicare Hearing Centers offers you a trade in value should you choose to improve your level of technology and hearing benefit. We can even give you a trade in value on hearing instruments purchased from our competitors. Your satisfaction is guaranteed. We’re not happy until you are. We will continue to work to obtain your best hearing result based on goals that YOU set at the beginning of the process.
WHAT KIND OF HEARING TECHNOLOGY DO THEY SELL?
- Do they offer more than one manufacturer?
- How do you measure a successful fitting?
- Do they ONLY deal with a Tier 1 manufacturer (companies that do their own research & development)?
- How long has this technology been available?
- Do they offer ALDs to make your hearing aids more versatile?
- Do they offer other technologies that support my hearing aids?
As part of our AudigyCertification, we’ve joined with 250 of the top audiologic practices in the nation to evaluate and select premier products from those manufacturers who have researched and developed their own circuitry and technology. These are tier one manufacturers. In this way, you are always assured of receiving the most current technology available. Each fitting is verified through visible speech mapping and other objective measures to ensure an effective solution. An ALD is an assistive listening device. Audicare Hearing Centers offers products such as amplified telephones and induction loop systems to improve your performance in difficult listening situations. Audicare Hearing Centers offers wireless solutions with Bluetooth technology to increase your connectivity.
Call us today for a free screening and consultation: 1-800-977-4327 (HEAR)