“I believe that better hearing is the foundation of a better quality of life. Better hearing connects us to those who are important to us and keeps us involved in our world.”
Dr. Marlene Bevan, Ph.D., CCC-A, is one of the country’s most trusted and experienced audiologists. She is a certified clinical audiologist and hearing instrument specialist with over 40 years of experience — over 30 of them as founder/director of Audicare Hearing Centers. Throughout her prestigious career, Dr. Bevan has taught courses in hearing aid fitting, private practice in audiology and has lectured across the United States and throughout the world. Dr. Bevan taught on the doctoral level for A.T. Still University in Arizona.
She was the keynote speaker at the 1983 World Congress on Hearing Aids in Germany and, in 1984, had the distinctive honor of being a member of the first scientific exchange program to China for speech pathology and audiology.
Dr. Bevan has served as the president of the Academy of Dispensing Audiologists and as chair for the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulation Board of Hearing Aid Dealers. She has also served on several long-range planning task forces for the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and is a past member of the Advisory Board of the Better Hearing Institute in Washington, D.C. She has been a member of Audigy Group since 2008.
Dr. Bevan is a member of the Traverse City Rotary Club and also serves on the Board of Directors for Rotary Charities. She graduated from the first Chamber of Commerce Leadership Grand Traverse class. She has served on the Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District Board of Education and the Travel Board for Grand Traverse Hockey Association.
She resides in Traverse City and is married to Jeremy J. Conaway for the past 41 years. They have one son, Jared Conaway.
Awards & Certifications
- Nationally Certified: Clinical Competency in Audiology, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, and Certified Hearing Instrument Specialist, Board of Hearing Instrument Sciences
- Licensed: Hearing Aid Dealer, State of Michigan and Connecticut
- Former Staff Audiologist: Audiology Center of Redlands, California
- Former Clinical Director: Southwestern Connecticut Speech and Hearing Center
- Former Staff Audiologist: Veteran’s Administration Hospital, Newington, Connecticut
- Received the Saylor Remarkable Award for leadership from Audigy Group.